Consultant - Healthcare Actuarial, New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree
- Pre-ASA, ASA or FSA designation
- Health insurance or Medicare experience is highly preferred
- 2-5+ years of work experience driving business results
- Significant experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, R and database software packages such as SQL
- Experience in segmentation analysis and world-class product pricing
- Ability to apply analytic approaches (e.g., actuarial, statistical, data) to create meaningful and measurable business impact
- Strong project management skills; flexibility and ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven record of leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the Healthcare Actuarial Center of Excellence within Healthcare Analytics and Delivery in one of our major offices in North America. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
The Healthcare Actuarial team includes more than a dozen actuaries with expertise across commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and other business segments to help with book-of-business tear-downs, risk adjustment analytics, and Medicare growth and stars models. The experts in our Healthcare Actuarial team build and implement actuarial models to help clients optimize the growth and profitability of their risk-based healthcare businesses.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will leverage your risk management and advanced statistical analytic capabilities to provide expertise to our client service teams.
Your workstreams may include quantitative analyses across the spectrum of claims, product, pricing, marketing and sales analytics, including segmentation, propensity modeling, funnel analysis, CLM, digital marketing, risk mix modeling and pricing.
You will independently drive analytic workstreams and provide expert insight to colleagues.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top