Consultant - Finalta, McKinsey Solutions, London (German speaking)
- You will ideally have a background in consultancy, strategy and/or research, with exposure to, or an interest in, banking and/or insurance
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent line, project and client management experience and will have first-class analytical and consulting skills, plus a customer service ethos and superb inter-personal skills
- You should have a good degree from a top tier university with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience and/or an MBA from a leading business school. Please only apply if you meet all of the above criteria and you are eligible to work within the United Kingdom.
Who You'll Work With
Finalta is the global leader in retail banking benchmarking and best practice analysis, working with over 250 retail banks in more than 55 countries. Clients use our services to provide an objective assessment of performance against peers, quantify opportunities for improvement and track their progress over time. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of McKinsey & Company; however we operate independently under our own brand and management team.
What You'll Do
We are expanding globally, and now have offices in Chicago, Miami, Singapore and London. As a rapidly growing organisation, we can offer you the chance to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment and an exciting opportunity for career development, as effective leadership and achievement are quickly recognized and rewarded. We are looking to recruit exceptional people who have proven themselves in their current role in Financial Services or consultancy and are looking for a new challenge.
As a Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Project managing Finalta's multi-client, multi-country benchmarking programmes to ensure that they are delivered to time and high quality
- Overseeing and constructing client deliverables to ensure the highest possible quality, including insightful client key findings reports and quantified recommendations
- Line managing a team of analysts with responsibility for recruiting, coaching, developing and improving the team's individual and collective performance
- Managing key client relationships throughout and beyond the benchmarking cycle to ensure maximum satisfaction and relationship development
- Presenting results to clients and disseminating key messages amongst key audiences and stakeholders
- Planning for client workshops, preparing relevant materials, delivering/facilitating and creating the action report or other follow up deliverables
- Developing and managing the development of thought leadership research articles, covering retail banking best practices, industry trends and insights
- Successfully developing new business for Finalta in terms of recruiting benchmarking peer groups, developing new markets and/or launching new products
- Providing input to and leading the implementation of key company improvement initiatives, such as development of new products
You will be based in London but will have the opportunity to visit clients across Europe (note, this role does not involve long periods working on a single client site). Any European language would be beneficial.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top