Consultant - Digital McKinsey
- Bachelor (Analyst entry level), Master (Fellow entry level) degree or a PhD (Associate entry level) in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields with outstanding record of academic achievement
- Internships or up to five years of work experience after completion of undergraduate degree, ideally in an area with exposure to technological topics (big data, agile methodologies, cloud computing, cyber security, analytics, digital transformation)
- Working or studying experience in Switzerland is a must
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- An excellent command of French (for Geneva) or German (for Zurich) and English language
Who You'll Work With
You'll work within the Digital McKinsey group located in Switzerland. The Digital McKinsey, formed from the merge of McKinsey's Business Technology Office and McKinsey Digital Labs, helps enterprises think strategically about how to use technology to create fundamental business change - from formulating tech-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology.
As a part of Digital McKinsey, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some digital consultants work exclusively within Digital while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
Working in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, you'll play an active role in all aspects of a client project.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating recommendations, and ultimately presenting results to client management. Typically you will also work on implementing recommendations with client team members.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Back to top