Consultant - Capital Projects & Infrastructure
- Professional operations or consulting experience in at least one of the following industry sectors: oil and gas, metals and mining, energy and power generation, chemicals or other process industry, infrastructure, construction and real estate, or manufacturing
- Proven track record and expertise in delivering large construction projects (larger than USD 100 million) across the entire project lifecycle (design engineering, risk management, procurement and contracting, construction management, commissioning, ramp-up, etc.)
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and German
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Capital Productivity group is part of our Operations Practice, providing clients with support and advising their management teams on strategic and operational questions relating to large construction projects.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams of consultants providing managerial expertise gained from large construction projects.
This includes applying your experience in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting and procurement, construction management, and the ramp-up of production processes in capital-intensive industries.
You will likely carry out lean construction project implementations and capability building. As part of this, you'll develop short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You'll have the opportunity to introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material, to identify clients for beta testing, and to codify new knowledge in articles. Colleagues will look to you for your expertise on project/program management tools such as portfolio management, lifecycle planning, and project tracking.
As in with all consultants, you will perform structured, fact-based diagnoses of systems, processes, and organizations across a broad range of industries.
Back to top