Construction Project Delivery Expert
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Proven track record and hands-on expertise delivering (as Project Executive/Project Manager) large CapEx Construction projects (>$500MM) across the entire project life cycle
- Industry expertise in one of the following: Oil & Gas, Mining/Smelting, PetroChemicals
- Prior experience as Owner's Representative, Design/Build or Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) company desirable
- Deep knowledge and expertise delivering continuous improvement programs, i.e.Lean/Six Sigma required
- Proficiency in industrial engineering, contractor management, design optimization, procurement and commissioning
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you will build a career out of making things happen! You'll be working with McKinsey's Capital Project and Infrastructure service line in North America. Our CP&I service line assists our clients in solving the world's toughest problems. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
CP&I is a rapidly growing service line with deep functional expertise focusing on issues of capital allocation & portfolio optimization; business case, concept/design optimization; procurement and contracting; construction, commissioning and ramp-up; and organizational capabilities, tools and processes to deliver significant and sustainable improvements for our clients. We provide a unique set of tools and techniques to help clients identify opportunities that represent a robust set of value propositions across the entire CapEx value chain.
What You'll Do
You will work be a thought leader and expert practitioner with deep experience delivering project/program management for mega capital projects utilizing continuous improvement methods.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your expertise across industries and have a significant impact across the CapEx value chain. You will apply your expertise of large capital construction projects in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting & procurement and ramp-up of production processes.
You will likely carry out lean construction project implementations and capability building. As part of this you'll develop short and long term capability plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution to the analysis, design and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also share your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of capital productivity and infrastructure assets.
Back to top