Construction Project Delivery Expert
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Proven track record and hands-on expertise delivering (as Project Executive/Project Manager) large CapEx Construction projects (>$500MM) across the entire project life cycle
- Industry expertise in one of the following: Oil & Gas, Mining/Smelting, PetroChemicals
- Prior experience as Owner's Representative, Design/Build or Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) company desirable
- Deep knowledge and expertise delivering continuous improvement programs, i.e.Lean/Six Sigma required
- Proficiency in industrial engineering, contractor management, design optimization, procurement and commissioning
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices in North America. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Capital Productivity is a rapidly growing service line with deep functional expertise focusing on issues of capital allocation & portfolio optimization; business case, concept/design optimization; procurement and contracting; construction, commissioning and ramp-up; and organizational capabilities, tools and processes to deliver significant and sustainable improvements for our clients. We provide a unique set of tools and techniques to help clients identify opportunities that represent a robust set of value propositions across the entire CapEx value chain.
What You'll Do
You will be a thought leader and expert practitioner with deep experience delivering project/program management for mega capital projects utilizing continuous improvement methods.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your expertise across industries and have a significant impact across the CapEx value chain. You will apply your expertise of large capital contruction projects in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting & procurement and ramp-up of production processes.
This role will charge you with developing short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top