Compliance Consultant - Risk Management
- Graduate degree from a top academic institution, with excellent academic results or equivalent industry qualification
- 3+ years of working experience in a consulting firm or 'Big 4', a leading bank or regulator
- Knowledge of regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements or practical/academic expertise in at least one of these areas: compliance; audit; operational risk; conduct risk; reputational risk; business risk and earnings volatility; internal control
- Industry experience with key compliance topics is a plus, e.g., knowing your customer; AML; counterterrorism financing; sanctions, FATCA; SOX across different geographies, functions, and business units
- Proven experience in analyzing and redesigning bank processes and operations with the aim to reduce compliance risk is also a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Risk practice in London or one of our offices in Germany. This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
What You'll Do
You will work as a part of client service teams, advising clients in the areas of compliance, internal control, and operational business process transformation.
You'll help us to integrate strategic perspectives and approaches with actual operations and process redesign capabilities. You will help bring the McKinsey value proposition to clients, conveying a strategic perspective to the bank's internal control framework and addressing top-priority issues regarding governance, processes, and culture. Additionally, you will help McKinsey develop respective knowledge and will have the opportunity to shape this fast-growing initiative.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top