Compensation & Benefits - Expert
- Advanced degree HR (preferable)
- Experience in Compensation & Benefits; Relevant certification in Compensation & Benefits are an added advantage
- Prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management
- Project management experience
- Extensive experience in handling compensation benchmarking exercises, syndicating and implementing suggested changes
- Working knowledge of job evaluation/analysis and talent management practices
- Strong knowledge of relevant statutory labour laws, regulations and various rulings - familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS and Microsoft Office
- Excellent and proven quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, articulation and negotiation skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Bangalore office and be a part of Human Resources (HR) community within McKinsey's global support network spread across India. As a Compensation & Benefits Expert you will work closely with Business Leaders and India HR teams and report into Director of Operations, India Centers.
McKinsey's global support network supports our consulting teams across various functions and domains such as research, analytics, IT, digital, finance & accounting, presentation design, procurement and assistant support.
What You'll Do
Focused on entry level roles to managerial roles, you will be the principal owner of all compensation and benefits-related activities across India centers.
Your work will require you to collaborate closely with a range of internal stakeholders – senior managers and leaders across all McKinsey entities in India and globally, including HR and talent management colleagues, function heads, and people managers apart from external vendors.
Being a thought partner and an advisor, you will act as a link between the country HR compensation philosophy and the overall firm guidelines. To ensure consistency in our pay practices, you will collaborate with talent management and HR colleagues to understand potential relevant internal benchmarks for all roles. In addition, you will conduct planned and ad hoc compensation analyses for the India business leaders and other senior leaders.
You have the unique opportunity to understand job profiles in order to assess role compensation range and any need for market benchmarking for managerial and leadership roles. Your expertise will be sought for setting initial compensation for offer letters, promotion/role change adjustments, mobility, and transfers.
Collaborating with talent management and HR colleagues, you will lead the compensation setting and delivery process for India for all managerial and leadership roles including assessment of any exceptions to standard increases. Being a stickler for details and ensuring all compensation related information is reflected in people systems in an accurate and timely manner will be your routine.
You will have ample opportunities to work on critical HR topics and influence business growth across India centers by leveraging your expertise. Actively networking internally and externally, you will disseminate insights around world-class people practices.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top