- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field
- 2-5 years of experience in communications, public relations or events/administrative role in a media, communications or consulting environment with a preference for experience in a large, complex organization or with a large, high-profile, global brand
- Strong project-management and outstanding organisational and administrative skills, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at the same time
- Strong computer and analytical skills; technical competency and familiarity with a variety of database and software programs, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Team builder and collaborator
- Flexible and professional writing style
- Preference will be given to candidates with Asia working experience and proficiency in at least one Asian language in addition to fluency in English
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of a team responsible for translating McKinsey's strategic direction and priorities into a regional positioning and integrated communications strategy.
You will report to the Asia Manager of External Relations and will also work closely with the regional Director of External Relations, the Manager of Internal Communications, and a network of approximately 30 communications professionals across the region.
What You'll Do
Your role will include aspects of both external, internal and executive communications, as well as administrative support.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include supporting the planning and execution of external and internal conferences, including the firm's representation at key regional events such as the World Economic Forum, Fortune Global Forum, and the Milken summit. With each event you will be in charge of preparing detailed briefing materials and presentations, sourcing the venue and coordinating and finalizing the agenda. You will also oversee the creation of invites, signage and other marketing collateral.
Your role will involve coordinating and managing regional team meetings, including off-sites and regional update calls. You will own the maintenance and development of the variety of external and/or internal platforms for the purpose of managing and archiving content and materials.
As a Communications Specialist you will be manage the calendar of upcoming reach and relevance events across practices, functions and geographies. You will undertake record keeping on completed events as well as contribute to development of external communications, including research for briefings, written content for publication and the preparation of external presentations and speeches.
You will handle database management and assist with the creation of regional research pieces to coincide with major institutional-partnership events, while building a cross-regional publishing pipeline. You will assist with internal and executive communications, including the management of the firm's regional intranet and monthly newsletters from the office of the Asia chairman.
To articulate McKinsey's position and work across Asia you will assist with the production and updating of internal firm materials including its regional qualifications pack. You will source and develop content for McKinsey's global digital channels, including pod and video casts as well as various social media outlets.
In order to support the departments administrative needs you will manage the vendor database. You will be the initial point of contact for regional media and client requests and will provide support on media relations for regional publishing efforts. Lastly, you will lead, coordinate, and/or support communications special projects as needed and assist with client development and communications as required.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top