Commercial Research Analyst - Pharmaceutical & Medical Products
- Bachelor's degree with demonstrated analytical expertise is required; Advanced degree, MBA or equivalent, is a plus
- 3+ years of industry or research experience, preferably working in a research or business environment
- Strong interest and professional experience in PMP commercial topics such as sales and marketing
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Highly inquisitive and creative individual who is excited about working in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong people skills and the ability to coach, motivate and inspire younger colleagues
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Experience with use of advanced analytics in commercial and the ability to draw business insights from commercial analytics
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (SQL) for data analysis
- Some experience with a statistical software package (e.g. R, SAS, Python)
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and basic business tools (experience with Alteryx and Tableau is a plus)
Who You'll Work With
You will work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Knowledge Network, focused on Pharmaceutical & Medical Products (PMP).
You will be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
You will be part of the global PMP Knowledge team consisting of over 70 professionals across major hubs in Waltham, New Jersey, Brazil, London, Brussels, Poland, India, Japan, Korea and China. The PMP practice helps clients across three dedicated functional service lines spanning Commercial, R&D, and Operations, as well as a host of client interest groups and functional joint ventures. We believe the PMP Knowledge Team has exciting years ahead – the ability to expand our service offering to internal and external clients; to meaningfully develop and advance our portfolio of proprietary analytical and knowledge assets; to play a bigger role in externalizing our knowledge and broadening our networks.
What You'll Do
You will develop industry analyses, keep up to date with industry developments and help our consultants apply cutting-edge industry knowledge to client problem-solving.
You will leverage your experience in the PMP industry to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients on topics in commercial (e.g., sales and marketing) in order to prioritize research activities which will have the most impact. You will apply yourself to the complex issues facing leading companies in this sector. You will draw on your exceptional creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, research and analytical skills – in a highly collaborative and professional team environment – to deliver leading-edge thinking in clear, well-structured communications.
Additionally, you will synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products to include written memos, numerical analysis, and/or presentations. You will have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise in commercial topics and be a true thought partner for our consultants and clients. You will also collaborate with our global knowledge team to share and build knowledge, best practices and relevant new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects (both with client teams and with the knowledge team).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top