Clientele Development Advisor - State & Local Health
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience in business development, capture management, and proposal delivery
- Experience at large professional-services firms, as well as prior experience with the S&L Health government market
- Deep understanding of the S&L Health environment and corresponding government procurement processes
- Understanding of how procurement decisions are made, and how a consultancy can maximize the chance of winning new contracts
- Ability to build consensus and help lead without formal line authority
- Proven strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Strong experience in client service and successful track record developing client relationships
- Focus on entrepreneurial approaches; ability and desire to initiate the identification and pursuit of innovative ideas
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Washington, DC and will work with our State & Local (S&L) Health leadership team and various Client Service Teams (CSTs).
You'll interact with consultants and operate as an integral member of the S&L leadership team, forging effective relationships across the firm.
What You'll Do
You will work to expand the firm's impact within the S&L Health market by playing a key role in generating new engagements through business development, capture management, and proposal delivery.
You will establish relationships with procurement professionals in target client organizations, with other consultancies and contractors with whom McKinsey might partner, attend conferences and industry days, and gather intelligence about upcoming procurements. You will advise leaders about how to pursue opportunities and you will construct comprehensive client account plans and manage the client opportunity pipeline. You will provide support in the development of written materials for client development discussions and will serve as a thought partner to leaders about the growth strategy for health opportunities at target clients. You will make recommendations on how they could more effectively develop business in target clients.
In addition, you will help shape procurements as they are being formed, to ensure the government is clear about their requirements and will be able to procure the kind of assistance they require. This will enable you to formulate a view about what it will take for McKinsey to win the procurement. Finally, you will collaborate with team members to ensure key aspects of client intimacy resonate through the proposal and create workplans and align resources to complete the work of drafting high-quality proposals on time.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top