Client Success Manager - Wave, McKinsey Solutions
- An undergraduate degree with an excellent academic record; graduate degree a plus
- Managing/understanding large scale change-management or transformation programs in an international context
- Prior experience in top-tier consultancy is highly desirable
- Special interest in program and change management
- Certification in Program Management a plus
- Fluency in the IT industry and familiarity with the market landscape and corresponding information needs
- Experience with SaaS a plus
- Ability to be stand-alone in senior client settings
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present and discuss complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task whilst keeping attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in delivering outstanding client service and proactively strengthen and develop the client base for Wave
- Fierce desire to be a critical team member in a rapidly growing, dynamic business
- A team player able to rally support from multiple resources
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Wave team in Sydney. Wave is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Wave equips clients to successfully manage improvement programs and transformations. Focused on business impact, Wave allows clients to track the impact of individual initiatives and understand how they affect longer term goals. Its mix of an intuitive interface and McKinsey business expertise givens clients a simple and insightful picture of what can otherwise be a complex process by allowing them to track the progress and performance of initiatives against business goals, budget, and time frames.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing and delivering approaches and activities to generate advisory and service sales, and to drive adoption and satisfaction rates across our client base with a particular focus on the early deployment, training and adoption phases.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to partnering with McKinsey's client development, operations and client relationship teams to deploy the solution, deliver ongoing adoption activities, provide ad-hoc advisory services, gathering internal and external expertise to advise on key structural configuration choices and governance in function of program type and subject matter, and guiding internal teams and clients to ensure fit-for-purpose and high-quality configuration.
Additionally, you will support development and delivery of training and advisory modules to foster client adoption and usage throughout their user lifecycle, you'll develop a trusted advisor relationship with internal and external stakeholders, and in coordination with the Marketing function, you'll develop and deliver in-person or remote post-sales activities (workshops, forum, newsletter, events, get together, users community).
In addition to the specific responsibility for post-sales activities, you will support Wave team activities, notably by contributing to best practices development regarding Wave for Program Management and Impact Tracking, by assisting in understanding client business needs and responding to RFP in pre-sales, and maintaining knowledge of industry trends and competitor offerings. You will also contribute ideas for new product and service development, marketing and communication initiatives and operational improvement.
You will report directly to the Global Head of Client Service for Wave and you'll have a dotted reporting line to the Regional Wave Manager(s). Beyond the qualitative assessment of performance by clients and internal stakeholders along the above job duties, specific criteria of evaluation include billable and non-billable value of advisory services delivered to clients, clients' satisfaction with overall deployment, training, adoption, and advisory services, and overall client satisfaction and propensity to recommend Wave.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top