Client Specialist - OrgSolutions
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You'll join McKinsey's OrgSolutions team in one of our offices. OrgSolutions is part of McKinsey Solutions and New Ventures.
OrgSolutions combines innovative design technology and advanced analytics with deep expertise to accelerate effective organizational decisions. By leveraging advanced data analytics, user-centered design technology and proven methodologies and insights, we help clients to answer critical questions on topics such as culture, leadership, cost reduction, efficiency and effectiveness, mergers and divestitures, and talent development and management.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including project-based engagements, workshops, training programs and subscriptions. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an OrgSolutions Specialist, you'll be a Specialized "Asset Based" Consultant for OrgSolutions. This is a Partner electable track at McKinsey.
You'll be responsible for driving the development and execution of client work related to our OrgSolutions portfolio across the topics of talent, leadership, structure, culture, and change management. As part of your role, you will implement new, innovative market strategies in the region and work jointly with global and regional leaders to identify, syndicate, and implement new initiatives for individual clients.
You'll collaborate with OrgSolutions leaders to set the overall aspirations for the region, and shape and execute initiatives that drive implementation. You'll partner with targeted leaders and consultants in the region (e.g., Organization Practice leaders, service line and hub leaders, as well as office managers and Client Service Teams) and OrgSolutions leaders to jointly develop a go-to-market plan for relevant regional hubs including identification of new market opportunities. You will also:
- Drive distinctive solution delivery by serving clients as an expert on the OrgSolutions portfolio and, as you become more experienced, the domains in which they are deployed. This includes managing and leading pivotal moments in the delivery of the OrgSolutions with clients (e.g., scoping, interpretation of results, results reporting workshop, design of action plan, etc.)
- Develop a deep understanding of solution applications and key competitors, acting as a thought leader to Client Service Teams deploying our solutions
- Demonstrate inspirational people leadership (apprenticing, mentoring, and role modeling) for teams with whom you work both inside and outside OrgSolutions
- Lead growth of internal "channel," e.g., identify and build interest amongst McKinsey colleagues, build capabilities and foster an increased level of engagement and commitment to OrgSolutions e.g., presenting at conferences, delivering OrgSolutions capability building, etc.
- Lead client development efforts, e.g., partner with Client Service Teams to provide OrgSolutions and broader Organization expertise for proposals, present and defend proposals to prospective clients, codify winning proposals, etc.
- Drive client opportunity management for OrgSolutions growth and impact, including overseeing more junior colleagues from OrgSolutions who are involved in delivery
- Work with Organization Practice and OrgSolutions leaders, contribute to / build knowledge that enables us to continuously improve our client delivery and be distinctive against competitors
A Master's Degree or PhD required
Approximately 4 to 8 years of professional experience
Prior consulting experience is preferred
An existing network of regional clients is preferred
Strong subject-matter knowledge and experience with HR and Organization-related topics is preferred
Flexibility to travel (may range from 25 to 60%)
Who You'll Work With
What You'll Do
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top