Client Service Delivery Specialist - Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree in finance or a STEM related field with strong understanding of finance is a plus
- 6+ years of experience with a strong understanding of a broad business landscape, including 3+ years of experience in partner/acquisition target identification and evaluation, assessment of diverse investment options, and broader Strategy, Business Development, M&A, Transactions, Private Equity or Venture investments
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills. Expertise across tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, R, text analytics/Natural Language Processing (NLP) is desirable
- Solid understanding of business trends across a broad range of topics is required; more in-depth knowledge in one or two areas is helpful i.e. digital trends, start-up space in a vertical, disruptive technology applications in Consumer, Industrial, or Pharmaceutical and Medical Products sectors
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the willingness to work in a fast-changing environment, with a passionate team of colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office as part of our Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics (SILA) and Latin American Knowledge Center teams.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
SILA is a rapidly growing client service offering focused on helping clients across sectors understand the competitive environment and inform strategic and investment choices for organic and inorganic growth. In the last 3 years, SILA has supported 60+ clients in over 100 projects cutting across industries and geographies. The client projects have doubled each year and we expect this trajectory to continue in the coming years. SILA engages with client and internal teams to develop a market map, identify disruptive trends driven by new business models and investments in technologies, potential partners and competitors. The offering is powered by combining diverse data sets with advanced analytic techniques, visualization and sector expertise to develop client insights. We are seeking a specialist/expert to deliver SILA to clients, and further grow and develop this offering.
What You'll Do
You will develop strategic insights by rapidly, easily and comprehensively understanding a given competitive environment, grounded in data and advanced analytics.
You will lead market landscape development projects and work streams in close collaboration with McKinsey colleagues and clients. You will provide functional and sector expertise on trends in the given market. This will include how to prioritize strategic and investment opportunities.
In the context of a given project, you will be shaping the thinking, problem solving on ideas/ methodology and understanding vertical pain points to deliver high quality client service on SILA projects. In addition to specific client projects, you will also lead the development of client ready workshop/discussion materials and perspectives on specific market areas, and drive discussions with potential client and internal stakeholders.
You will have entrepreneurial leadership for building out existing and related capabilities, including new insights, analyses, advanced analytics techniques, operational, process and technology improvements. You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to effectively and efficiently respond to research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights.
You will perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning in order to add value to problem solving discussions. You will Identify the key issues for the problem at hand and determine the most appropriate solution, effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors.
Some of your daily tasks will include providing synthesis, insight and client implications written memos, models and frameworks. You'll also use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top