Client Service Delivery Specialist - Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics
- 3+ years of experience in partner/acquisition target identification and evaluation, assessment of diverse investment options in the context of Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital or related consulting
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree in finance or a STEM related field with strong understanding of finance is a strong plus, alternatively 1-2 years of additional relevant experience
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills. Expertise across analytics tools and techniques such as Alteryx, Tableau, R, text analytics/Natural Language Processing (NLP), data science is desirable
- Solid understanding of business trends across a broad range of topics as well a more in-depth knowledge in one or two areas such as digital trends, start-up ecosystem in a sector, disruptive technology applications in Consumer, Industrial, or Pharmaceutical and Medical Products sectors
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurial mindset and excitement to work in a fast-changing startup environment with a passionate team of colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, MA office as part of our Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics (SILA) group. SILA is a high growth client service capability that applies big data, advanced analytics and McKinsey expertise to address client needs in the context of inorganic growth, innovation strategy and M&A opportunities across sectors. SILA deployment has doubled each year over the last 3 years, growing into a 10+ people team, and now we need your help and creativity to further grow this capability.
Given the startup and high growth nature of this offering, and a diversity of delivery models, there is a considerable flexibility in shaping the role and operating model (e.g., more or less travel, sector focus).
What You'll Do
You will work with clients and client service teams to develop a perspective on market landscape and the evolution of investment/startup technology/business model trends within it. You will provide functional and sector expertise to derive relevant business implications and prioritize strategic and investment opportunities. In the context of a given project, you will be shaping the thinking, problem solving on ideas/ methodology, leading the analysis and discussions with client and internal stakeholders on the results.
You will lead the development of new insights, analyses, advanced analytics approaches and techniques and operational processes to grow SILA offering.
You will build awareness of the offering internally and externally by participating in relevant client discussions, internal and external conferences and meetings, and through outreach to relevant stakeholders and forums.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top