Client Development Manager – Cyber Solutions, New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
- Fluency in German and English are required
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise cyber security functions, cyber security providers, government security or intelligence agencies, or security consulting
- Client development and account management experience in a consultative environment is a plus
- Strong client service orientation and ability to be credible with senior internal and external clients
- Technical depth and expertise for cyber security technologies as well as knowledge of standard and advanced defense & remediation techniques and processes
- Deep perspective on cyber threats to private and public-sector organizations
- Creative problem solver and natural entrepreneur who has comfort with risk taking and ambiguity
- Able to present and describe technical functionalities to those less-versed in technology and to all levels of an organization
- Strong ability to manage resources across a matrixed organization
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as listening skills
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independently
- Travel expectation of up to 50%, intermittent on weekly basis
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Cyber Solutions team in Europe and be based in either Berlin (preferred), Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Cologne or Stuttgart.
Cyber Solutions is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and is a portfolio of software and other tools that helps institutions measure and improve digital resilience and assess and manage cybersecurity risk. These tools include Digital Resilience Assessment - a solution that benchmarks an organization's cybersecurity against best practices and peers and evaluates areas for improvement; Cyber Risk Insights - a solution for identifying and analyzing the extent to which a company's critical information assets are at risk and prioritizing ways to reduce and manage such risk; Incident Response Simulation - a solution for "war gaming" cybersecurity breaches to in order to assess the business leadership's ability to respond to a cyber attack.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will drive, demonstrate and support exceptional business solutions from business development and delivery of advanced capabilities and business solutions to both existing and potential clients.
You will rapidly become conversant on the cyber team's capabilities and collaborate with Cyber Solutions' leadership, managing and driving client development activities. You will collaborate with our internal client service teams (CSTs) to develop opportunities as well as external linkages with companies, organizations and partners. In order to present and deliver advanced capabilities and business solutions to existing and potential clients, you'll act as point of contact to provide the full arc of product, technology, sector and business expertise.
Additionally, you'll manage the day-to-day duties of colleagues in the development and qualifying of client development opportunities and create and maintain knowledge assets and collateral content to both drive and support outreach efforts. You may also help to respond to requests for information or proposals, you'll conduct business due diligence, and you'll define the strategy and approach in preparing demos and presentations, as well as leading the demonstrations and post-demo follow-up.
You'll have the opportunity to define, react to and assist in setting strategy for client development meetings, working in conjunction with cyber leadership, and you'll lead the creation and dissemination of impactful meeting materials.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top