Client Development Manager – Cyber Solutions, New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in enterprise cyber security functions, cyber security providers, government security or intelligence agencies, or security consulting
- Strong client service orientation and ability to be credible with senior clients in this area
- Technical depth and expertise for cyber security technologies
- Deep perspective on cyber threats to private and public-sector organizations
- Knowledge of standard and advanced defense & remediation techniques and processes
- 5–10 years of experience in enterprise cyber security functions, cyber security providers, government security or intelligence agencies, or security consulting; client development and account management experience in a consultative environment is a plus
- Past experience in business consulting and/or working with business consulting partners.
- Fluency in the IT industry and familiarity with the market landscape and corresponding information needs.
- Superb presenter with both creative and analytical mindset; possess keen listening skills
- Creative problem solver and natural entrepreneur; comfort with risk taking and ambiguity
- Able to present and describe technical functionalities to those less-versed in technology; Ease and comfort in presenting to all levels of an organization
- Strong ability to manage resources across a matrixed organization
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independently
- Travel expectation of up to 50%, intermittent on weekly basis
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Cyber Solutions team in North America, either in Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Chicago, New York or Boston.
Cyber Solutions is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and is a portfolio of software and other tools that helps institutions measure and improve digital resilience and assess and manage cybersecurity risk. These tools include Digital Resilience Assessment - a solution that benchmarks an organization's cybersecurity against best practices and peers and evaluates areas for improvement; Cyber Risk Insights - a solution for identifying and analyzing the extent to which a company's critical information assets are at risk and prioritizing ways to reduce and manage such risk; Incident Response Simulation - a solution for "war gaming" cybersecurity breaches to in order to assess the business leadership's ability to respond to a cyber attack.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
What You'll Do
You will drive, demonstrate and support exceptional business solutions from business development and delivery of advanced capabilities and business solutions to both existing and potential clients.
You will rapidly become conversant on the cyber team's capabilities and collaborate with Cyber Solutions' leadership, managing and driving client development activities. You will collaborate with our internal client service teams (CSTs) to develop opportunities as well as external linkages with companies, organizations and partners. In order to present and deliver advanced capabilities and business solutions to existing and potential clients, you'll act as point of contact to provide the full arc of product, technology, sector and business expertise.
Additionally, you'll manage the day-to-day duties of colleagues in the development and qualifying of client development opportunities and create and maintain knowledge assets and collateral content to both drive and support outreach efforts. You may also help to respond to requests for information or proposals, you'll conduct business due diligence, and you'll define the strategy and approach in preparing demos and presentations, as well as leading the demonstrations and post-demo follow-up.
You'll have the opportunity to define, react to and assist in setting strategy for client development meetings, working in conjunction with cyber leadership, and you'll lead the creation and dissemination of impactful meeting materials.
Back to top