Client Development Manager - Cyber Solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering/Science; MBA preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in enterprise cyber security functions, cyber security providers, government security or intelligence agencies, or security consulting
- Strong client service orientation and ability to be credible with senior clients in this area
- Technical depth and expertise for cyber security technologies
- Deep perspective on cyber threats to private and public sector organizations
- Knowledge of standard and advanced defense & remediation techniques and processes
- 5–10 years of experience with client development and account management experience in a consultative sales environment
- Past experience in business consulting and/or working with business consulting partners.
- Fluency in the IT industry and familiarity with the market landscape and corresponding information needs.
- Superb presenter with both creative and analytical mindset; possess keen listening skills
- Creative problem solver and natural entrepreneur; comfort with risk taking and ambiguity
- Able to present and describe technical functionalities to those less-versed in technology; Ease and comfort in presenting to all levels of an organization
- Strong ability to manage resources across a matrixed organization
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independentl
- Travel expectation of up to 50%, intermittent on weekly basis
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Cyber Solutions team in North America, either in Silicon Valley or in Washington, D.C.
Cyber Solutions is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and is a portfolio of software and other tools that helps institutions measure and improve digital resilience and assess and manage cybersecurity risk. These tools include Digital Resilience Assessment - a solution that benchmarks an organization's cybersecurity against best practices and peers and evaluates areas for improvement; Cyber Risk Insights - a solution for identifying and analyzing the extent to which a company's critical information assets are at risk and prioritizing ways to reduce and manage such risk; Incident Response Simulation - a solution for "war gaming" cybersecurity breaches to in order to assess the business leadership's ability to respond to a cyber attack.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions are a core part of New Ventures and offer practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You will drive, demonstrate and support exceptional business solutions from business development and delivery of advanced capabilities and business solutions to both existing and potential clients.
You will rapidly become conversant on the Cyber Solutions' offerings and collaborate with Cyber Solutions' leadership, managing and driving business development activities. You will collaborate with our internal client services teams to develop business opportunities as well as external opportunities with companies, organizations and partners. In order to present and deliver advanced capabilities and business solutions to existing and potential clients, you'll act as point of contact to provide the full arc of product, technology, sector and business expertise.
Additionally, you'll manage the day-to-day duties of assistants in the development and qualifying of business development opportunities and creating and maintaining intellectual assets and collateral to both drive and support client development efforts. You may also help to respond to requests for information or proposals, you'll conduct business due diligence, and you'll define the strategy and approach in preparing demos and presentations, as well as leading the demonstrations and post-demo follow-up.
You'll have the opportunity to define, react to and assist in setting strategy for client development meetings, working in conjunction with Cyber Solutions' leadership, and you'll lead the creation and dissemination of impactful pre-sales and other marketing collateral.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top