Client Analyst - PriceMetrix
- Bachelor's degree in business, math, engineering, economics, or computer science
- Experience within the retail brokerage / financial services industry is an asset
- Experience working with SQL (or other DB programming language) and/or Visual Basic
- Exceptionally high attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills
- Natural curiosity and an ability to undertake creative exploration
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and confidently juggle multiple tasks
- Strong Project management and facilitation skills
- Strong technical proficiency with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is advantageous
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our PriceMetrix team, a part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures, in our Toronto office.
PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers. Our solutions use analytics and industry bench-marking to help advisers and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. PriceMetrix directly measures aggregated data representing 10 million investors, $4 trillion in investment assets, 500 million transactions, and 2.5 million fee-based accounts. PriceMetrix combines its patented process for collecting and classifying data with proprietary measures of revenue, assets, and households to create the largest and most insightful retail wealth management data set available today.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for turning data into information.
You'll support our client team by extracting data from our databases, analyzing it and turning it into useful solutions and recommendations for our clients. Additionally, you'll be a key resource for research, analysis, client communication and contributes ideas to our product design team.
The role requires a unique individual who can bring together an understanding of the needs of our clients and formulate practical solutions to their problems. You'll be comfortable filling in a blank page with ideas and dealing with complexity, including large amounts of data. You'll have the opportunity to take on a role that is demanding, creative, highly numerate and detail-oriented.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top