Chief Data Officer
- 10+ years of experience working in data management, including creating partnerships, implementing data governance, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable data innovation across a large organization
- 5+ years in an executive level data strategy related role
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Proven track record and experience in developing data strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet or exceed expectations in a dynamic environment
- Experience creating tools and capabilities to assist with data discovery & collaboration, ensure data quality, and to load, clean, enrich, manage, and share data and metadata from a variety of sources
- Ability to think strategically and drive transformation in a federated operating culture.
- Ability to discern and develop policies and standards and achieve buy-in and adoption.
- Self-driven, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity in a fast-pace and at times high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment, identifying key priorities and driving new solutions
- Experience working with players across the data ecosystem and supporting cross-sector data initiatives
- Proven experience monetizing data and demonstrated ability to leverage data assets into new markets and across sectors
Who You'll Work WithYou will report to the Chief Finance Officer and the Head of Risk.
What You'll Do
You will proactively champion data as a strategic asset and a driver of innovation and client impact across McKinsey's evolving analytics domains, and its practices, service lines, offices and regions.
Your role will be focused on developing and executing against an integrated, enterprise-level data strategy for all of McKinsey. You will work to identify (and gain access to / acquire) data assets which will be of value across domains, through acquisitions, partnerships and other means. You must guide the firm to enable rapid expansion of data self-service capabilities (including training, discovery, hosting, collaboration, and partnerships / ecosystems) across the organization, within the guidelines, policies, and standards set out by the data risk management team to ensure responsible use of data.
You will exercise influencing skills across the organization to support and encourage widespread adoption and usage of a broad spectrum of data assets. You will support data activities across the entire firm – including practices, functions, New Ventures, Solutions, and be able to become an integral part of our central data-focused teams and also spend time working with clients and others to build out McKinsey's broader data ecosystem.
In addition, you will help develop the Data/Analytics practice at McKinsey by offering advice and insight, and will, on an ad hoc basis, support client development and client engagements, although this will not be the initial focus of the job.
Back to top