Chemical Lean Consultant
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience in a high-performance refinery, petrochemical, chemical or pharmaceutical industries
- Solid knowledge and exposure to traditional lean transformation tools and techniques, e.g., Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Kanban, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke, visual management, VSM, SOP, etc.
- Engineering background is must, Chemical engineering background highly preferred
- Black belt is a plus
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and result-driven achiever
- Bachelors degree, ideally in engineering field
- Advanced degree in related fields or MBA is preferred
- Fluent English and the local language is a must
- Greater China: Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong
Who You'll Work WithMcKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance.
What You'll Do
McKinsey's Operations Practice is one of the fastest growing practices in McKinsey globally and in Asia. We are committed to helping our clients achieve world-class operations. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on implementation, we develop and define operational strategies to help our clients around the world solve their most critical problems. We tackle the key operational challenges faced by our clients, particularly in the areas of supply chain management, product development, purchasing & supply management, service operations, manufacturing, and capital productivity. To ensure we continue to deliver distinctive expertise to our clients, we hire primarily experienced professionals with strong industry background.
As a Chemical Lean consultant in Operations Practice, you will work with colleagues and client staff to identify the value leakage and loss from complex chemical process or management system, and design corrected solution accordingly. Lead client to implement the countermeasures so as to make changes to shop floor and management mechanism, during when build up the best practice as well as client capability for sustainable long term impact creation. In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the Firm.
Examples of the type of work our Chemical Lean consultants perform include:
- Production process and workstation level diagnostic to address frontline operations improvement opportunities in terms of yield, OEE quality and EE, as well as process/parameter optimization
- Improvement plan and on site implementation management
- Problem solving based on both technical and managerial knowledge and methodology
- Develop customized management org., process or tools to improve clients' management effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop client capability in transformation approach and tools, such as reliability, process control, energy efficiency, data analysis, PMO, etc.
- Design or optimize client org., and develop efficient management process and tools accordingly
We offer personalized training programs to prepare you for the job and attractive conditions and career prospects, depending on your experience.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top