Chartered Accountant Fellow
- A history of strong academic performance at a SAICA accredited university
- Exceptional problem-solving ability. You should excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and ability to untangle complex issues
- Demonstrated leadership within or outside a work setting. You should be someone who frequently takes initiative and is eager to break new ground—as seen through leadership roles
- Can-do attitude
Who You'll Work With
McKinsey & Company Johannesburg is recruiting Chartered Accountanting students to join us after 4th year to complete their articles. It is an exciting opportunity for those undergraduates who would envisage themselves as strategic thinkers and want to get experience in top-level management discussions. This is a 3-year training whereby fellows will learn all the necessary SAICA competencies to pass the board exams and register as a Chartered Accountant with SAICA. as well as learn key skills of a management consultant.
What You'll Do
As a CA Fellow you will:
- Be a full member of a team and perform analytical work, participate in team meetings and present your recommendations to senior client executives.
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and manage the audit process with McKinsey's global Finance Centre of Excellence
- Prepare and submit taxation calculations and reports to relevant taxation authorities, including appropriate treatment of relevant double-taxation agreements
- Work on client projects and help solve management problems
How we'll support you in your career:
In your first 3 years, you'll work across a range of industries and functions. You'll build business knowledge and perhaps—as many do—find a field you're inspired to pursue more deeply. You will likely have the opportunity to travel and will definitely work with talented people from different cultures and backgrounds.
We invest heavily in support and training for all of our firm members. In addition to the standard board courses and specific training required to meet your SAICA competencies, our consultants benefit from several weeks of training in the first 3 years—from our introductory basic consulting skills to week-long trainings where you will meet peers from around the region and the globe. Programs also run from our proprietary e-learning to office- or practice-based sessions to our formal global training curriculum.
Coaching and mentorship is an integral part of your development at McKinsey. You will have peers to give you feedback and senior partners to help you grow and collaboratively plan the next several years of your career.
Here you'll be stretched in an ongoing learning environment to accelerate your path to becoming an accomplished business professional. You will extend your strengths—and possibly find new ones. You will develop exceptional problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills. You will bring your skills, refine them and use them to have real influence at a much earlier stage than anywhere else.
Whether you decide to stay with McKinsey for 3 years or 20 years, a role at McKinsey is a springboard for your career.
McKinsey professionals work on significant challenges faced by the world's leading organizations and solving these challenges helps you gain skills that can be parlayed into roles across the private, public, and social sectors. McKinsey alumni have gone on to create companies, start not-for-profits, run large businesses, and pursue their passions in the arts, among many other endeavors.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top