Capital Productivity Consultant
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree strongly preferred
- Proficient in industrial engineering, contractor management, design optimization, procurement, and commissioning
- Experience in one of the following industry sectors: chemicals, civil works and public infrastructure, consulting, high tech, heavy construction, heavy equipment manufacturing, metals and mining, oil and gas, power generation, production, rail, telecommunications, utilities
- Expertise in delivering large capital-expenditure projects (larger than USD 100 million) across the entire project lifecycle
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work WithYou'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in South Africa. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
As a Capital Productivity Consultant, you are a thought leader and expert practitioner with deep experience in delivering very large capital projects in the application of continuous improvement.
You will carry out Lean Six Sigma project implementations and capability building in the context of the overall wave, project, and continuous improvement effort. You'll be expected to develop short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
Additionally, you will introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material, you'll identify clients for beta testing and codify new knowledge in articles. Your expertise in project/program management tools such as portfolio management, platforming, road mapping, lifecycle planning, and project controls will be leveraged in most projects.
Overall, you'll use your skills and expertise to perform structured, fact-based diagnoses of systems, processes, and organizations across a broad range of industries.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top