Business Presentation Specialist - German Language Production
- Education: Academic degree, preferably in Philology or equivalent subject
- Excellent verbal and written language skills both in German and English (C2 - CEFR* or equivalent), additional proficiency in any other major European language desirable
- IT literacy and some experience in working with MS Office, especially PowerPoint
- Solid knowledge typing skills and quick handling of pointing devices
- Experience towards designing or graphic-related studies/employment would be an added advantage
- Exceptional customer focus and the willingness to go the extra mile
- Good grounding in general knowledge and ability to present complex issues in a clear and compelling way
- Distinct quality mindset and attention to detail
- Strong process focus and drive for results
- Ability to work and stay focused under pressure, manage urgent tasks against aggressive timelines
- Solid communication skills to tailor messages over the phone or via email
- Ability to build strong and trustworthy relationships with others and to effectively contribute to a highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge and experience across regional and organizational boundaries
- Open mindset towards change and engagement for continuous improvement
- CEFR – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Who You'll Work With
We are the visual communications support team for McKinsey consultants around the world. With teams located in Costa Rica, India, US, and Poland, our service consists of providing compelling and effective visual communication solutions for a wide variety of needs: from single slide production in PowerPoint for a "kick-start" meeting, to customized presentation design and alternative storytelling solutions. We ensure that our firm's parameters of excellence are met within the boundaries of Business Presentation Design. We have 3 distinct service areas through which we provide our design support.
Level 1: Client Readiness Service Team
Our designers in the client readiness service team work on complete presentations making them ready to be presented by consultants in meetings with McKinsey clients, hence our name "Client Readiness Service line". This Team applies their exceptional graphical and comprehension skills on documents as small as 12 pages or as large as 200+ pages, and their main focus is to ensure that the output is a visually captivating presentation, where the message is enhanced as well as clearly and accurately conveyed.
Level 2: Value Addition and Fast Track Design Teams
At Level 2, requests received need value addition in graphics, imagery, colors, style, and layout design. These requests might also demand a fast turnaround. We work on requests that should be delivered within a couple of minutes, up to a couple of hours. Our Level 2 designers are talented with strong problem solving skills and outstanding graphical and communication skills, and use their skills to provide our users with great ideas and solutions for innovative and memorable presentations that shape the world!
Level 3: Thought Partnership Design Team
We have a specialized group of designers who work on requests that are not necessarily presentations. These include hand-drawn graphics, 3D rendering, vector illustrations, poster/invitation design work and, in general, any out-of-the-box value addition to create exceptional visual communication that function as a bridge to connect McKinsey's ideas and solutions to our clients.
What You'll Do
The Business Presentation Specialist (BPS) plays an integral role in facilitating consultants' communications with their clients. S/he translates conceptual drafts into well-devised charts and exhibits and creates clear and accurate visual presentations. S/he specifically provides this type of support to consultants of the McKinsey offices in Germany.
Business Presentation Specialists share knowledge as well as best practices and shoulder additional responsibilities at times of high workload. Following Firm values and putting the client first, Business Presentation Specialists demonstrate a high level of commitment and ownership in their day-to-day work and in multinational team collaboration. As such they contribute to hold up the unique work environment and the specific business culture at McKinsey.
- Create, edit and enhance presentation documents
- Proofread documents to ensure they meet quality standards
- Work with consultants on improving the visual presentation of information
- Coordinate production activities for short and long-term client assignments, working closely with colleagues to manage production
- Ensure an accurate, efficient and timely completion of all assigned jobs
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top