Business Intelligence Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and/or MCTS:SQL certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with developing business intelligence and data warehousing solutions using MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012
- Strong knowledge of ETL design and development using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in dimensional modelling and physical design of high-performance and scalable data warehouses and multidimensional databases
- Complete understanding of the full development life-cycle and loads of experience with good and not-so-good implementations of it
- Demonstrated ability to transform software requirements into high quality output
- Ability to understand multiple potential solutions and objectively present them for the team's consideration; able to articulate architecture proposals
- Strong organizational skills with expert ability to balance multiple parallel projects
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical ideas in written formats and strong verbal communication skills
- Experience within the retail brokerage / financial services industry is advantageous
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our PriceMetrix team, a part of McKinsey's New Ventures, in our Toronto office. PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers. Our solutions use analytics and industry bench-marking to help advisers and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. PriceMetrix directly measures aggregated data representing 10 million investors, $4 trillion in investment assets, 500 million transactions, and 2.5 million fee-based accounts. PriceMetrix combines its patented process for collecting and classifying data with proprietary measures of revenue, assets, and households to create the largest and most insightful retail wealth management data set available today.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers. New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a member of our fast moving technical team responsible for developing solutions within our SaaS and business intelligence platform.
Your role will be integral to taking the PriceMetrix platform to the next level in its evolution. Our solution employs data processing algorithms to transform and load data into a series of databases. This sophisticated analytics processing enables the generation of process-intensive reports, data visualization tools, and feature rich web-enabled applications. As a BI Developer, you will be required to thoroughly learn our current technology and enhance it with help from our team of experts.
The successful incumbent will be a key member of the R&D team with a range of experiences in developing innovative web and data-driven applications. You will provide input to the development of the overall platform and execute assigned projects from initial brainstorming and technical design through to programming and unit testing. We want you to utilize your passion for database development and BI components in SQL Server to envision, develop, prove, articulate and execute innovative solutions to the business problems of our customers. We are continually focused on high-performance, highly scale-able, and secure systems and your contributions will contribute to improving the SDLC at PriceMetrix (including aspects such as build/test automation, coding standards, code reviews, design standards and documentation).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top