Big Data Architect - Digital McKinsey
- 10+ years of combined hands-on software and client-facing experience within larger scale Big Data projects such as migration and IT Transformation (e.g. Data lakes migration, re-platforming to different platform warehouses, working across stakeholder groups, etc)
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset, coupled with excellent client engagement and management skills
- Owner's mentality in leading a work stream and managing a small team on Agile projects while also being a team player reaching out to offer support
- Avid follower of the fast moving data technologies landscape and with the ability to pick up and learn new technologies and tools
- Extensive experience leading technical workshops with clients to co-create architectures and solutions (built on various cloud infrastructures such as MS Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, etc) creating on-premise data lakes in the client data centre to centralise all information from different platforms
- Experienced in multiple technologies ranging from Hadoop, MPP databases, NoSQL and programming languages such as R, Python and Java
- Working experience within DevOps and agile principles
- Strong tolerance for bad quality data, are comfortable with change and are able to work at an abstract level to gain consensus
- Entrepreneurial and willing to travel to clients' sites up to 50% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will work in the Amsterdam office with our Digital McKinsey team.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation.
You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm. You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
What You'll Do
You will help serve large global companies in building secure and scalable data architectures using best in class solutions.
You will be responsible for designing mission critical digital solutions on cloud environments that include analytics and big data solutions, playing a key role in counselling clients and building the practice knowledge and development efforts. You will also be responsible for designing McKinsey's Big Data platform and will be the go-to expert for designing and building big data platforms at scale. You will provide strategic direction, design and drive architecture and implementation planning.
You'll leverage your skills in performing statistical data analysis, data mining and optimizations using multiple tools and technologies on large, complex data sets. In this role, you'll be expected to understand complex algorithms and logic to process data at scale. You will be well versed in performance tuning and ensure proper data quality controls are in place at all levels.
As a thought leader and Big Data Evangelist, you will participate in external and internal community gatherings and speak at conferences.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top