Banking Analytics Senior Expert
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree is a plus
- Advanced analytics experience, in either an academic or professional setting, ideally within a consultancy environment focused on the banking sector; Experience working with data scientists strongly preferred
- 5+ years of banking experience – from industry or consultancy environment
- Clear passion for both analytics and performance improvement in the banking sector
- Independent thinker who can formulate problem-solving hypotheses, handle analyses with little oversight
- Ability to prepare for productive meetings and problem-solving discussions
- Produce high quality work and actively seeks input when required
- Present with confidence within small meeting settings
- Demonstrable passion for both analytics and performance improvement in the banking sector
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous and challenging environments
- Ability to communicate with clients effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish a rapport and credibility with clinical and managerial staff
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A self-starter able to work independently and deliver high quality end-products
- Willing to travel within Europe up to four days per week, with occasional international travel as required
Who You'll Work With
You will join McKinsey's Banking Analytics practice and will be based in our London office. This is a dynamic and fast-growing team serving some of the top banks and financial institutions in the world. Our unique value proposition lies in an end-to-end approach for our clients ranging from identifying sources of value from big data all the way through to the adoption phase.
We have a strong research team that supports our consulting staff – with information provided in the short-term, as well as complex analyses and market modelling.
Joining an inclusive and dynamic group which works closely and collaboratively with its clients, you will become an integral part of a leading advisory team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop a strong base of expertise and knowledge in this sector whilst delivering real client impact.
What You'll Do
You will advise top management of leading financial services institutions world-wide on strategic and operational issues.
This role is on our 'Expert' career track for consultants who maintain cutting-edge expertise in a fairly specialised field. Growing this population is a strategic priority for the firm as clients demand more and deeper industry and functional expertise.
You will act as an analytics translator, communicating complex data related requirements between business, clinical and IT stakeholders. You will work with data scientists to design and develop analytics workstreams and projects as part of our client service teams with other generalist and specialist consultants. You will facilitate working sessions and meetings with banking executives, managers and staff to help them make plans to capture improvement opportunities. You will also contribute to the development of our content knowledge and analytics capabilities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top