Back End Developer (Node.js)
- 2+ years of experience as a back end developer working with Node.js
- Experience in developing backend solutions and well-defined REST APIs
- Excited about building new b2b SaaS services by applying latest best-practices and tools, such as CI, CD, Git, Agile development, micro-services etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Constructive and valued member of agile product teams, working well in a cross-functional setting
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS), containerisation (Docker) and modern architecture patterns (microservices, reactive architectures) would be a big plus
- Strong communication and soft skills, able to motivate, mentor and help fellow developers as well as communicate complex ideas effectively
- Genuinely someone we can hang out with - We have a great team with many different types of people, from all different backgrounds. We spend a lot of time together working and playing. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. This bond is important to us because it is the essence of our culture.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Wroclaw and will be part of our global Energy Insights Software Solutions Team. Energy Insights is part of McKinsey New Ventures.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
The Energy Insights Software Solutions team – the team you will be part of - is building powerful analytics tools for our specialists as well as our clients to leverage. We have already built two SaaS products on Node.js and React, and hosted on AWS, however the largest part of our team are experts building the modelling logic in C# .NET. We are now looking to grow a web development team that can build new solutions as well as iterate on existing ones.
What You'll Do
You will join a Scrum team working in a start-up environment, building new software as a service solutions, using latest technologies such as Node.js, React, html5, and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
You will work alongside with very senior Node and React developers which gives you an unparalleled learning opportunity.
You will build new solutions as well as help bring existing solutions to product-market-fit and scale. You will help architect web applications that are modular, stable, secure, and scalable. You will apply and champion latest best-practices and tools, such as CI, CD, Git, Agile development, micro-services etc.
You will focus on building back-end Node.js microservices and well-defined REST APIs.
You will help build a team of web developers which is set to grow sizeably over the coming years.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top