- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Automation, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 6+ years of professional experience in prior PLC programming experience, ideally Allen Bradley and if possible Siemens
- Knowledge of industrial automation software used in the IoT space
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative
- Ability to interact successfully with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Knowledgeable with CAD and PLC software
- Knowledgeable with factory historians, e.g. OSI PI.
- Knowledgeable with MTConnect, Kepware, and OPC standards
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the Internet of Things (IoT) team in one of our North American offices. You will have the ability to leverage other areas of Digital McKinsey including the agile prototyping as well as the data engineering experts and digital design specialists to provide a differentiating and distinctive service. You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic technology products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
McKinsey's IoT Digital aims to help clients unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation. We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors. Our goal is to collaborate with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hand on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hw and sw design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for helping clients manage manufacturing engineering projects including automation, manufacturing processes, related systems and process improvement.
In this role you must be able to write and follow advanced PLC logic and troubleshoot logic on multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC, ControlLogix. You will justify and implement advanced, lean and manufacturing methodologies. You will also specify and work with other engineers on the installation and maintenance of production equipment.
Back to top