Associate - Vietnamese Speaking
- Master degree or above from a topnotch university worldwide required (MBA preferred)
- 3-8 years of progressive management role in reputable organizations (blue chip companies) or consulting experience with demonstrated business results
- Must have persuasive communication ability for both written and verbal Vietnamese and English
- Demonstrated success in the areas of strategic thinking, effective team building, change leadership, and results orientation
- Strong logic and analytic skills; strong facilitation and consulting skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and team development skills
- Demonstrated skills in emotional intelligence, including areas of intrapersonal and interpersonal awareness, adaptability, and stress management
Who You'll Work With
Associate consultants join our global offices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients.
McKinsey & Company is a leading international management consulting firm with more than 100 office locations in over 60 countries worldwide. Our mission is twofold: to help our clients make positive lasting and substantial improvements in their performance and to build a great Firm that is able to attract, develop, excite and retain exceptional people.
Our Firm has had a presence in South East Asia for almost 20 years, with locations in Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Singapore.
Since our opening in 2008, the Hanoi office has served Vietnam's largest public and private companies, some of the most inspiring entrepreneurs, and government bodies. We have served clients from various sectors including financial services, manufacturing, infrastructure, real estate, oil and gas, logistics, chemicals, and the public sector.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top