Associate - Technology
An Associate role is a unique opportunity for individuals to have a substantial impact on the world's leading global institutions and companies. We look for candidates who excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, strong analytics and the ability to untangle complex issues. Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and entrepreneurial experience
- Superb communications skills
- Strong personal drive and motivation
- High-value personal qualities - resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, self-confident, high-energy, etc.
- Exemplary professional behavior and values
In addition, the ideal Technology Associate for Silicon Valley will have the following:
- 3 to 10 years of outstanding professional achievement at a software and/or online service provider
- In-depth experience in technology strategy, high tech product management, development or product marketing such as bringing high tech products to market to businesses or consumers
- Knowledge of enterprise development, business and consumer applications, application development tools, systems infrastructure software, embedded applications, or cloud computing
- An advanced degree (MBA preferred) with outstanding academic achievement and a strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
Who You'll Work WithMcKinsey's Silicon Valley office is seeking Associate candidates with experience in the Technology sector. The ideal candidate will have a background in product management, product development or product marketing.
What You'll Do
The ideal candidate will have a background in product management, product development or product marketing. S/he will also have a solid technical foundation, while having gained broader exposure and responsibility leading strategy, business development, sales or marketing in an innovative hardware, software or online services company. This is an exciting opportunity to help clients achieve impact, as well as, influence, advise and problem solve with some of the world's top global leaders.
The primary role of an Associate is to lead problem solving efforts on a portion of a client engagement. Associates play an important role on client engagements by identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change with our clients. Throughout an engagement, an Associate is involved in discussions and presentations with senior client leadership. Associates work on engagement teams typically consisting of 3 to 6 consultants. A typical engagement lasts between 2-4 months, and an Associate will normally work on a single engagement on a full-time basis.
Back to top