Associate - Strategy & Corporate Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of strategy, corporate finance, M&A or valuation experience in a consulting firm, investment bank, accounting firm or major corporation (preferably in corporate development or strategic finance)
- Exceptional intellect and superior problem solving skills
- Well developed quantitative and modeling skills, including the ability to undertake sophisticated financial analyses
- Strong understanding of the principles of corporate finance, valuation techniques and financial statement analysis
- An appreciation for and strong interest in the integration of strategy and finance
- Business-level fluency in English and Mandarin
Who You'll Work With
Associate Consultants join our global offices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients. You'll join one of our offices in Asia as part of our Corporate Finance practice.
Our Corporate Finance Practice works on engagements across industries, advising clients on top-management level issues including corporate strategy and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances, valuation and value-based management, and strategy in IPO situations. We close the gap between Corporate Finance and Strategy to have significant impact on the client business and the top-management agenda.
What You'll Do
You will play a key role in leading-edge knowledge development in areas relevant to corporate finance and strategy.
As a member of our Corporate Finance Practice, you will combine traditional management consulting skills with issues and techniques of applied corporate finance. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work in an intellectually-challenging business environment, build strong problem solving skills and develop team and client leadership skills.
You'll work in teams of typically 3 –5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement. You will combine traditional management consulting skills with issues and techniques of applied corporate finance, playing an important role in leading-edge knowledge development in areas relevant to corporate finance and strategy. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top