Associate - Purchasing and Supply Management
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Industry expertise in basic materials, chemicals, financial services, healthcare, high-tech, oil & gas, or pharmaceuticals is desired
- Demonstrated track record of assessing and driving transformational improvements with deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
Who You'll Work With
You work with McKinsey's Operations practice in Stamford, CT.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Purchasing and Supply Management is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations build competitive advantage through the development of world-class purchasing and supply management capabilities. Sustainable impact is our focus and how we measure our success.
What You'll Do
You'll be a thought leader and skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their purchasing and supply management organizations while simultaneously solving operational issues across the business enterprise.
In this client-facing role, you'll play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients. Examples of the type of work associated this role could include defining new organizational structures, roles and processes across global supply chain/supply management organizations by upgrading line and staff skills, changing the structure of reporting relationships, developing improved processes and procedures, and/or instituting a rigorous target-setting and performance-monitoring systems.
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants, making an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top