Associate - Purchasing And Procurement
- Undergraduate degree required, Master's degree in business, engineering, operations or related discipline preferred
- 5-12 years of experience in industry or consulting environment with evidence of a distinctive career trajectory
- Industry expertise in basic materials, chemicals, consumer packaged goods, financial services, healthcare, high-tech, oil & gas, or pharmaceuticals is desired
- Demonstrated track record of assessing and driving transformational improvements
- Experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies and a history of leading sustainable high impact sourcing approaches
- Highly skilled in problem solving and analytics with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Strong interest and passion for developing, coaching and mentoring others
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong people skills and an ability to work effectively with others at all levels in an organization
- Skilled in effectively communicating complex ideas
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You will be working with McKinsey's Procurement service line in North America. Our Purchasing and Procurement team assists our clients in solving the world's toughest problems. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
Procurement is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations build competitive advantage through the development of world-class purchasing and supply management capabilities. Sustainable impact is our focus and how we measure our success.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams to collaborate as a thought leader and skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their procurement organizations while simultaneously solving operational issues across the business enterprise.
In this client-facing role, you'll play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients. Examples of the type of work associated this role could include defining new organizational structures and processes by upgrading line and staff skills, changing the structure of reporting relationships, developing improved processes, and/or instituting rigorous performance-monitoring systems.
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants, making an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution by gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations to present to clients. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also share your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of procurement.
Back to top