Associate - Public Sector
- Undergraduate degree required; Master's degree in Public Policy/Administration preferred
- Experience working in or providing services to the public and social sector is an advantage
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent in Portuguese and advanced knowledge in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Buenos Aires office with the Latin America Public and Social Sector Delivery Hub (LatAm Delivery Hub).
The LatAm Delivery Hub works closely with governments and social sector institutions in addressing complex public and societal challenges. The vision of the LatAm Delivery Hub is to deliver meaningful and sustainable impact to Latin American citizens, including improved infrastructure plans, high-performing schools, efficient health systems, employment strategies for underprivileged sectors, and increased investment and economic growth.
What You'll Do
You will work on projects that typically stretch over several months (e.g., 6-24 months), focusing on strategy or implementation and delivering results.
There will be an emphasis on coaching and building capabilities of client teams, and you'll work on tasks that range from analyzing data to identifying opportunities to drive performance. You will help clients surface issues and develop tactical action plans to quickly resolve them.
This role may also have you leveraging specific technical/sector expertise to offer targeted support (e.g., agriculture sector reform) to clients, including internal knowledge development and expertise. You'll work to rapidly identify actions, prioritize initiatives, and execute plans to deliver on critical targets.
You'll have the opportunity to co-create performance targets and milestones with clients. You will support clients to aggressively minimize bottlenecks to progress. Associates are expected to provide ongoing, targeted capability-building of teams and/or individuals in context-specific skills, performance management, problem-solving, and analytics to enable them to more effectively deliver results.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top