Associate - Product Development
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, an advanced degree, MBA or MS ME/EE is considered a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a series of progressively senior product development
- Knowledge of the full value chain, including manufacturing, purchasing/supply management, lean, etc.
- Expertise in integrated product development levers such as design to cost, DFMA, supplier integration and management, tools and levers for quality management, value chain optimization, target setting, and process flow optimization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You'll be working with McKinsey's Product Development service line in one of our offices in North America. Our Product Development team assists our clients in solving the world's toughest problems. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
McKinsey's Product Development service line is committed to helping clients develop products that fit market needs, produce attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of brands for future business growth. Our work in product development includes developing, defining, and implementing strategies that help clients make lasting improvements to their innovation and business performance.
What You'll Do
As a Product Development Associate, you will work in teams to collaborate and play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also share your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of product development.
Back to top