Associate - Product Development
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, an advanced degree, MBA or MS ME/EE is considered a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a series of progressively senior product development
- Knowledge of the full value chain, including manufacturing, purchasing/supply management, lean, etc.
- Expertise in integrated product development levers such as design to cost, DFMA, supplier integration and management, tools and levers for quality management, value chain optimization, target setting, and process flow optimization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices in North America. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Product Development service line is committed to helping clients develop products that fit market needs, produce attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of brands for future business growth. Our work in product development includes developing, defining, and implementing strategies that help clients make lasting improvements to their innovation and business performance.
What You'll Do
As a Product Development Associate, you will play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients.
In addition to client work, you will be expected to contribute toward practice leadership including advancing and disseminating McKinsey's product development knowledge base, and building and cultivating the McKinsey network of practitioners.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top