Associate - McKinsey Regulatory Center
- Advanced graduate degree in Economics and/or law with a strong competition law element
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Work experience in competition and/or regulation will be considered an asset (e.g. experience at DG Competition, in a law firm or economic consultancy)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Brussels office as part of the McKinsey Regulatory Center (MRC) which has recently been launched by McKinsey. This new competence center in Brussels has deep knowledge and a global network of experts that are dedicated to help our clients on merger clearance, state aid cases and anti-trust (such as allegations of abuse of dominant positions). They come from various backgrounds (e.g. competition lawyers, European Commission).
When you join McKinsey as an Associate, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
What You'll Do
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top