Associate - Life Sciences
- Masters (Fellow entry level) degree or a PhD (Associate entry level) in a life science discipline with an outstanding record of academic achievement
- Experience in an area with exposure to life science related topics (pharmaceutical and medical products, chemicals, medical affairs, healthcare and public health, etc.)
- Working or studying experience in Switzerland is a must
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- German or French language skills are an advantage
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Switzerland office as an Associate. Associate consultants join our global offices and practices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate.
Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top