Associate - Capital Projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of post-graduate work experience with a distinctive record of achievement and impact
- Significant experience working on mega CapEx construction projects, Project Management experience preferred
- Field-based experience working on projects in one or more of the following industries: Oil & Gas, Mining, Energy, Chemicals
- In-depth knowledge continuous improvement programs, i.e., Lean/Six Sigma is desirable
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- For our Montreal office, you must speak French and English fluently
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You'll be working with McKinsey's Capital Projects & Infrastructure service line in North America. Our CP&I service line assists our clients in solving the world's toughest problems. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
CP&I is a rapidly growing service line with deep functional expertise focusing on issues of capital allocation & portfolio optimization; business case, concept/design optimization; procurement and contracting; construction, commissioning and ramp-up; and organizational capabilities. tools and processes to deliver significant and sustainable improvements for our clients. We provide a unique set of tools and techniques to help clients identify opportunities that represent a robust set of value propositions across the entire CapEx value chain.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams to collaborate as experts in the bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting and procurement, construction management, and the ramp-up of production processes in capital-intensive industries.
You will likely carry out lean construction project implementations and capability building. As part of this, you'll develop short and long term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also shared your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of capital productivity and infrastructure assets.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top