Associate - Capital Projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of post-graduate work experience with a distinctive record of achievement and impact
- Significant experience working on mega CapEx construction projects, Project Management experience preferred
- Field-based experience working on projects in one or more of the following industries: Oil & Gas, Mining, Energy, Chemicals
- In-depth knowledge continuous improvement programs, i.e., Lean/Six Sigma is desirable
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Please note, for our Montreal office you must speak French and English fluently
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices in North America. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You'll make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes applying your experience in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting and procurement, construction management, and the ramp-up of production processes in capital-intensive industries.
You will likely carry out lean construction project implementations and capability building. As part of this, you'll develop short- and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership and McKinsey client service teams, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top