Associate - Business Technology
- University degree and outstanding academic record required; MBA is a plus
- Up to 10 years of work experience in consulting (highly desired) or industry role, preferably in IT departments
- Hands-on, real-time experience with noteworthy technology engagements
- Experience with IT strategy, technology and organizational issues
- Broad understanding of and passion for current technology trends, their impact on business strategies, and their implications for senior management in creating and sustaining competitive advantage and transforming business
- Demonstrated understanding of the business drivers, financial and operational issues, expected and actual benefits, challenges, solutions, industry trends
- A global perspective, and the ability to leverage experiences across industries
- Openness to travel
- Fluency in Portuguese and English; Spanish is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Business Technology team in Lima.
Business Technology (BT) is a functional practice within McKinsey. It is comprised of nearly 800 McKinsey consultants globally who help clients think strategically about how to use technology to create fundamental business change – from formulating technology-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology.
As a part of BT, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some BT consultants work exclusively within BT while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
You'll collaborate closely with practice leadership and teams to deliver significant, measurable impact to client performance.
You'll provide expertise and develop new perspectives on technology issues and you'll codify institutional knowledge on industry insights and functional best practices. Additionally, you'll leverage your domain expertise in technology actively to assist with all client development activities and represent the practice as an expert in this sector.
You'll lead efforts to develop compelling presentations and workshop materials to support client development efforts and you'll actively assist the leadership team and client service teams (CSTs) in preparing tailored client materials and presentations. You'll have the chance to develop insightful and pragmatic solutions to client problems while working with client service teams as a full or part-time member.
In this capacity, you may be responsible for conducting client interviews, analyzing and interpreting client and industry information, and developing hypotheses based on client research, industry best practices and other information sources. You'll work with teams to synthesize the output into specific and actionable business recommendations.
You'll develop, research and refine functional concepts, points of view, and problem-solving tools that can be brought to bear in client engagements and you'll codify internal knowledge and capture industry best practices. You'll collaborate and lead client and McKinsey training workshops in field of expertise and you'll build, maintain and leverage an internal and external network of consultants and industry experts to do so.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top