Ideally, you will have:
- Extensive working experience, at least 5 years of business management experience in a reputed company/institute with a proven record of high performance/substantial achievements in the specific role/position
- Deep expertise in key industries, such as oil and gas, metals and mining, telecommunications, retail, banking and finance
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability. Irrespective of your degree or experience, you should excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, quantitative aptitude, and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Demonstrated leadership. You should be someone who frequently takes initiative and is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others, and take personal risks—as seen through leadership roles—in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Education background – Undergraduate/Masters/MBA/PhD, with consistent outstanding academic record
Who You'll Work With
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that focuses on solving issues of concern to senior management. As a trusted adviser to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions, McKinsey welcomes experienced professionals from a wide range of fields and professions. With over 50-years experience in Australia and New Zealand - and offices in Melbourne, Perth and Sydney - our work spans multiple sectors of the economy including the social sector. We are ambitious for our clients - we want to work with them as they strive for world-class performance. Our vision is based on seeing organisations in Australia and New Zealand achieve their potential, and to help realise the economic and social benefits for all citizens.
What You'll Do
Our consultants share a passion for helping clients to change industries, transform business models, and create competitive advantage. We advise some of the largest, most innovative companies in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, metals and mining, telecommunications, retail, banking and finance.
As a consultant, you will work closely with senior client executives and McKinsey colleagues in the most entrepreneurial environments, and help to develop sector-shaping and nation-transforming programs. Your colleagues at McKinsey will go to extraordinary lengths to ensure your success. You will have the opportunity to assist, learn from, challenge, and be challenged by leaders. We will constantly invest in your personal development through daily coaching and mentoring coupled with comprehensive training programs that begin soon after you join and continue throughout your McKinsey career.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top