Asset Productivity Expert
- Advanced degree in Engineering or related with MBA preferred
- At least 5 years' experience in all areas of asset productivity, including: Operational excellence and lean, reliability processes, techniques and approaches (e.g., RCM, TPM, Risk-based equipment approaches), ISO 55000 practices, condition based monitoring and predictive maintenance practices and techniques, Root Cause Analysis and problem solving, including FMEA capability
- Significant expertise in one or more industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Metals and Mining, Process Industries such as chemicals and refining, and Transportation including Aerospace and Defense
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our North American locations.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Manufacturing service line – part of our Operations practice – focuses on building out capabilities in Asset Productivity. Asset Productivity at McKinsey is an approach to managing assets throughout their lifecycle from engineering concept to decommissioning. Our objective is to help clients achieve transformational change by developing data driven insights in the area of maintenance and reliability in asset intensive industries.
What You'll Do
As Asset Productivity Expert, you will lead maintenance tasks of all sizes, complexity and frequency with an eye toward standardizing activities, eliminating unnecessary steps and reducing waste.
You will help shape broad operations strategies such as throughput and productivity, including core elements of asset productivity improvements. In addition to driving client impact, you will work with the practice to develop our people, capabilities and thought leadership. Specifically, you will be mentoring our more junior colleagues and analysts in developing their capabilities and skills in the area of Asset Productivity.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top