Applications Developer - Advanced Analytics
- Undergraduate or master's degree with excellent academic record
- 1 – 3 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
- 2+ years' hands-on experience developing in AWS, Azure, and similar cloud environments
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Service Oriented and Restful architecture
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB (or similar non-SQL environments)
- Experience with open-source projects Knowledge of JSON
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary). Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located). We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You will design, write, and test Analytics apps, solutions and software according to approved design and standards, under the guidance of a Data Expert and a Platform Architect.
You will help us bring new technology solutions to McKinsey Analytics by creating new software applications and improving existing ones. You'll work with consultants, clients or internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top