- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated technical capability developing applications using Node JS, Express / Hapi / SailsJS, npm, electron and industry standard RDBMS like MySQL / MS SQL / MongbDb
- Well acquainted with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation HTML5, CSS3 and tools like Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Yeoman
- Conversant with Devops methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Distinct customer focus and quality mind-set
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Chennai, Trivandrum or Bangalore and will be part of McKinsey's Business Presentation Design Services (VG) team, which is part of McKinsey & Company's global support network. This group consists of several globally operating teams that support our consultants from research, analytics, IT, assistant support and Presentation Design. You will be part of our App-dev team and will report to the Manager of VG Application Development.
Our teams in the Business Presentation Design Services support translate the findings made during the consulting process into compelling visuals, charts and presentations. In India, McKinsey Business Presentation Design Services has offices in Chennai, located in Ascendas International Techpark, in Thiruvananthapuram's Technopark (and soon in Bangalore). With a total size of over 1200 colleagues, our teams work on a 24x7 basis and across 3-shifts.
What You'll Do
You will build a digital foundation for the client communication journey that creates transparency around services and supports streamlining and automation of workflows for users to enhance efficiency and quality.
You will develop solutions using the latest web technologies (Node JS, React, Redux, SCSS, HTML5, electron) in an agile model. You will be the expert within the product team and responsible for technical delivery.
You will be involved in analyzing user requirements, estimating effort for development / change, preparing design / documentation, building automated test cases and deployment. You will participate in brainstorming discussions and translate user requirements into features which will be used by over 1,000 users around the McKinsey world.
In your role, close collaboration with various stakeholders is key – product owners, project managers business owners and end-users. Being able to independently research, experiment with new techniques and problem solve along with the team to build effective solutions are prerequisites for being successful in your work.
You will be joining our team at a transformational time where focus on leveraging technology and innovation is our high priority and the firm has placed a mandate for greater advances in automation in the presentation creation space. You will evaluate new technologies and recommend new tools / methodologies to McKinsey leaders, and ensure all development efforts are in alignment and compliant with firm policies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top