Analytics Specialist - Marketing Solutions, New Ventures
- At least 5 years of predictive analytics or data science experience in the field of IT consulting and/or business intelligence
- Experience working with large databases, data visualization tools and statistics, within CPG, Retail and/or B2B organizations preferred
- Knowledge of analytics tools like R language, Python, SQL or other ETL tools
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: e.g. Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, or Marketing Science Experience
- Marketing Domain expertise a definite plus
- Able to work well in highly entrepreneurial environment with teams and with sponsor on a regular basis
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Consistently delivers exceptional results and great ideas, working independently and as part of a team
- Curious and committed to personal development, comfortable with ambiguity
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Marketing Solutions team in Budapest or Dusseldorf. Marketing Solutions is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
The McKinsey Marketing Solutions is a new software solution developed with the client's Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in mind. It is focused on optimising marketing investment from strategic to tactical levels, always with the decision maker in mind. Marketing Solutions is a rapidly growing solution in constant evolution.
Analytics is the basis behind the decisions in the Marketing Solutions solution and we combine best in class econometrics and heuristics techniques to derive insights, as well as supporting clients with specific analyses when relevant.
McKinsey is building a Marketing Solutions service delivery team that will be in charge of running the necessary analytics to support the software and additional insights, leveraging the best of Marketing Solutions team capabilities, delivering and embedding Marketing Solutions to clients , coordinating with client and consulting teams on priorities, timelines and deliverables and supporting further development of the Marketing Solutions suite.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You will work with McKinsey consulting teams and clients to help solve client business issues/identify business opportunities by taking and leveraging techniques in Marketing Return-on-Investment (MROI) perspective and applying the Marketing Solutions solution.
MSO Marketing Solutions Analytics Specialists and Solution Managers are core to the delivery of McKinsey Solutions services to clients. Their main role is to work with McKinsey consulting teams and clients to help solve client business issues/identify business opportunities by taking and leveraging techniques in Marketing Return-on-Investment (MROI) perspective and applying the Marketing Solutions solution.
They do so by conducting state-of-the-art, hands-on advanced quantitative analysis using Marketing Solutions in conjunction with statistical analysis tools and proprietary models. They also support new product/service development and client development on an ad hoc basis, as well as maintaining the analytical models that can be re-used in other client situations. They are specializing in optimizing commercial / marketing investment (MROI).
Around 70% of your time will be spent on client service delivery and 30% on solution and client development. To deliver the client service, you will lead the development of advanced analytics models including data collection, cleansing and treatment. You will generate and visualize insights from the modelling effort into client ready presentations and you will deploy models within the client's infrastructure.
Your success will be measured in your ability to deliver analysis and business changing insights to clients, in effectively leveraging the Marketing Solutions and other tools, as well as your ability to turn one-off models into repeatable and more standard analytical approaches and models. Client and client service team communications are also key, as is being responsible for day-to-day client interactions.
Back to top