Analytics Expert - Insurance - Ingenuity
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, systems engineering, or similar field
- 5-7 years of project management experience around advanced analytics, data and / or technology implementation
- Knowledgeable about the insurance industry; deep familiarity with the analytics or actuarial market landscape and corresponding information needs
- Knowledgeable about interpreting output from Machine Learning, R-studio and Tableau; Modeling skills are an advantage
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to be a critical team member in a rapidly growing business
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work with multiple clients and complex processes
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Fluent in English and German; other European languages are a plus
- Travel requirements: 50% excluding commuting to Dusseldorf or Amsterdam
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Advanced Analytics in Insurance team in Dusseldorf or Amsterdam. Advanced Analytics in Insurance is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Advanced Analytics in Insurance has concise library of ready to deploy use cases for advanced analytic applications along the entire value chain in insurance. These include reducing fraud in underwriting and reducing churn by predictive modelling.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help translate analytics into business impact.
You will be responsible for the final delivery of the client service. You will work closely with the Head of Advanced Analytics in Insurance Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to advance the strategic aims as well as contribute to knowledge development.
You will manage the team that delivers the client service. You will be sourcing required delivery resources from internal teams and/or external partners, ensuring quality of delivery through, sound interpretation of model results, good project management, project planning, progress tracking, problem solving and issue escalation.
You will help manage the service delivery strategy (e.g., give input to new feature development, capture client feedback) and you will contribute to infrastructure development and codification of methodologies and processes. Your other responsibilities will include supporting client development and the proposal delivery process (e.g. in client meetings or through demos).
You will be fostering client relationship as an account manager, gathering feedback, solving larger issues, monitoring usage and impact. Your overall focus will be on improving performance of insurers by deploying advanced analytics predictive models creating business process improvements and business impact.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top