Analytics Analyst - Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics
- 2-5 years of experience in analytics consulting, tool development will be relevant.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field like Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related is required. Advanced degree is a strong plus
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
- Proficiency in R, SAS, SPSS or other statistical package
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, natural language processing, neural networks, etc.), and proven experience in working with large datasets and relational databases (SQL) is a plus
- Excellent analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of business across a broad range of topics is desired.
- High level of initiative and entrepreneurial drive coupled with ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, MA office as part of our Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics (SILA) and Latin American Knowledge Center teams.
Startup and Investment Landscape Analytics (SILA) is a high growth asset backed client service capability that applies big data, advanced analytics and McKinsey expertise to address client needs in the context of inorganic growth, innovation strategy and M&A opportunities across sectors. It is one of the Firm's priorities in the context of trend identification. SILA's deployment has doubled each year over the last 3 years and will cross 200 projects in 2017, and now we need your help to drive deeper insights, bring the tool to more clients and your creativity to further capability development.
You will be joining a highly entrepreneurial team passionate about helping Firm's clients and internal teams develop strategic insights by rapidly, easily and comprehensively understanding a given competitive environment, grounded in data and advanced analytics.
We are seeking a senior analyst/specialist to lead visualization and potentially be a broader core analytics contact for our SILA service line.
Given the startup and high growth nature of this offering, and a diversity of delivery models, there is a considerable flexibility in shaping the role and operating model (e.g., more or less travel, more visualization or data science focus).
What You'll Do
You will deliver cutting edge analytics and visualization capabilities in client service and development. You will lead the development of visualization deliverables including creating standard outputs in Tableau, PowerBI, and R Shiny. You will develop new visualization options to create the outputs in real time, while collaborating with SILA client delivery teams to scale up and execute on multiple projects and priorities.
You will build analytical and visualization capabilities against key priorities by working closely with service line/team leadership and team members. You will develop standard templates to create and execute Tableau or similar deliverables at a faster pace. Leading incorporation of new insights and analyses into existing visualization and materials on a continuous basis. You will create and contribute to SILA analytics knowledge agenda.
You will ensure relevant knowledge and tools are in the hands of our clients and stakeholders by identifying best in class new options, and bringing them to pilot and potentially incorporating into the core toolkit. You'll also have the opportunity to create content for CSTs and clients to make use of the analysis with clear documentation.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top