- Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Quantitative focused disciplines such as Business Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in an analytics role is ideal, but we welcome fresh graduates with the right capabilities and mindset
- Deep grasp of analytical skills and methods, coupled with modeling, coding and programming capabilities
- Superior problem-solving skills and sound business knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable to interact with mid-senior level clients
- Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with willingness to work in a demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Highly proficient in analytics tools e.g., Access, Excel, Metlab, Python, R, SAS, SQL, VB, etc., coupled with familiarity in general IT tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of local Southeast Asian business operations and working culture will be highly desirable
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Analytics group in Kuala Lumpur to deliver significant, measurable impact for our clients using complex data and advanced modeling.
You'll work with McKinsey consulting teams and your peers to analyze data and provide sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
You will provide analytical expertise to McKinsey's consulting teams, undertake country and industry research, and contribute to knowledge development efforts.
In every analytics engagement, you will be responsible across the entire analytics value chain i.e. task definition, complex data analysis & modeling, data interpretation, generation of insights, client delivery and implementation. You will work alongside experienced McKinsey consultants to help our clients develop a comprehensive, situation-specific understanding of trends and opportunities. This combination of industry, functional and analytics expertise enables our teams to identify the biggest opportunities and to anticipate and address potential barriers to impact – critical inputs towards deriving client recommendations.
You will work predominantly with Southeast Asia clients primarily in the areas of Energy, Finance, Operations, Telecoms, Media and Technology. You will also be exposed to real business situations, gradually enhancing your analytical capabilities and industry & functional knowledge. You will hone critical skills such as problem solving and communication.
Over time, a clearly defined career path will be in place to help you progress and continuously develop relevant skills and experience, to grow into more senior roles in the firm such as an Analytics Expert, Data Scientist or Operations/ Digital Expert.
Back to top